Thursday, May 22, 2008

The bridge

on Wendsday me my mum, Reve and my dad built a mini bridge over a creek. To build it we put to big logs across the creek. After that we got some plank and sawed them to the right length. We drilled holes through the blank and into the tree then nailed the planks to the big logs. While we were doing that we dropped a nail into the creek so me and Reve tried to get it. Reve had gumbots on but i only had shoes so i tried to reach it with a stick but i slipped and the bottom of my shoe got mud on it. I was so close to falling in. Me and Reve couldn't get the nail so my dad got it out. It was very funny. After we finished the bridge we showed my grandma and grandpa it. I was carrying a big wooden plank but it slipped and i cut my finger open! It really hurt! So i didn't do any work on the bridge. My finger was very sore after that so i didn't do anything after that!

1 comment:

carmel said...

wow true, i'm really proud of all your blogging! you really write a great journal and even though dad and i are here, it's still heaps of fun reading about what you have been doing.
i'm glad you are having fun here in canada and getting to know all your canadian family.
you are sure going to have lots of great memories!
and i think all your mates in red rock and corindi will really like reading about your adventures and looking at all the cool photos of what you are up to here in canada.
keep it up big guy! you are a great blogger!